Your IBMSECU Checking Account can include FREE Identity Theft Protection.*
Identity theft is a more common offense than ever before. In fact, it is the most common type of consumer fraud complaint made by Americans and accounted for 42% of the claims filed with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last year. According to the FTC, cleaning up the mess after an identity theft has occurred costs the average consumer approximately $1,000. As a result, we have included, at no charge, a comprehensive Identity Theft Protection Program to provide additional safeguards for our myChoice Checking, myDefense Checking, and Grand Checking account holders.
Benefits of the Identity Theft Protection Program include:
- Coverage for all types of identity theft: Not only are you covered for your accounts at IBMSECU but also for every account you have at other financial institutions. Coverage also includes non-financial types of identity theft such as utilities fraud and medical fraud.
- Fully managed identity theft recovery: Receive one-on-one access to a professional recovery advocate who will do all the legwork for you (writing letters, making calls, working with law enforcement, etc.) to resolve your identity theft case.
- Coverage for you and your family members: Coverage extends to you and all of your family members residing at the same permanent address, including dependents up to age 25 and parents living in elder care if they share your permanent residential address.
- Our Checking account holders are automatically covered – no registration required! Click here for more details on this coverage.
- If you are the victim of identity theft contact us at 800.873.5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to open your case.
Additional Credit Monitoring Benefit:
- Each member with a myChoice Checking, myDefense Checking, or Grand Checking account is able to enroll in Credit Monitoring from the three major consumer credit bureaus at no cost. The Credit Monitoring service provides daily alerts if there are any changes in your credit file. This benefit covers the Checking account holder only; other family members may get this benefit by opening their own Checking accounts.
*Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring programs are provided by Merchants Information Solutions, Inc., a non-affiliated business partner of IBMSECU. An IBMSECU myChoice Checking, myDefense Checking, or Grand Checking account is required for participation in the no-cost Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring programs. MyWallet Checking account holders may purchase Identity Theft Protection and Credit Monitoring services for an additional fee.